Minors raped by Naxals to get Rs 5 lakh each


The Centre on Tuesday stepped in to help two minor girls who were allegedly gangraped by Maoists in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh. The two, aged 11 and 12, were rescued recently by the CRPF during a search operation. The Ministry of Home Affairs on Tuesday promised to give Rs 5 lakh to each of the victims and help rehabilitate their family members.

The two girls told CRPF they had been taken away from their village by Maoist cadres. They said that three cadres illegally confined and raped them over many months. The Maoists later abandoned them in the jungle.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views expressed in comments published on indianexpress.com are those of the comment writer's alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Indian Express Group or its staff. Comments are automatically posted live; however, indianexpress.com reserves the right to take it down at any time. We also reserve the right not to publish comments that are abusive, obscene, inflammatory, derogatory or defamatory.