Minors raped by Naxals to get Rs 5 lakh each
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
The Centre on Tuesday stepped in to help two minor girls who were allegedly gangraped by Maoists in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh. The two, aged 11 and 12, were rescued recently by the CRPF during a search operation. The Ministry of Home Affairs on Tuesday promised to give Rs 5 lakh to each of the victims and help rehabilitate their family members.
The two girls told CRPF they had been taken away from their village by Maoist cadres. They said that three cadres illegally confined and raped them over many months. The Maoists later abandoned them in the jungle.