Mira Nair to do stage adaptation of Monsoon Wedding
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
After having reached dizzying heights in Bollywood, filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj is now all set to get started with his first English composition, which happens to be a whopping 11 songs for the musical stage adaptation of Mira Nair's film Monsoon Wedding. He is said to have kept all other assignments on hold next month for this Broadway-styled musical, which will see him working with lyricist Jaideep Sahni and Nair in December.
News is that since Mira got busy with The Reluctant Fundamentalist and Vishal with Saat Khoon Maaf and Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola, the idea of converting Monsoon Wedding into a Bollywood musical got delayed. Talking about the musical, Mira said that she will be working on finishing the songs of Monsoon Wedding until mid-December. If the buzz is to be believed, then the shocker comes in the form of the news that Mira wants to cast fresh faces in the musical and that none of the film cast will be repeated. And the criteria for the stage act will be that the said actors have to be fabulous dancers since they will be singing and dancing non-stop on stage for two hours.
Meanwhile, Bhardwaj said that the stage adaptation of Monsoon Wedding will be like a Broadway musical version. He added that for the first time, he will be composing the songs in English, which will be sung live by the actors on stage.