Mira Nair to do stage adaptation of Monsoon Wedding
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
After having reached dizzying heights in Bollywood, filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj is now all set to get started with his first English composition, which happens to be a whopping 11 songs for the musical stage adaptation of Mira Nair's film Monsoon Wedding. He is said to have kept all other assignments on hold next month for this Broadway-styled musical, which will see him working with lyricist Jaideep Sahni and Nair in December.
News is that since Mira got busy with The Reluctant Fundamentalist and Vishal with Saat Khoon Maaf and Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola, the idea of converting Monsoon Wedding into a Bollywood musical got delayed. Talking about the musical, Mira said that she will be working on finishing the songs of Monsoon Wedding until mid-December. If the buzz is to be believed, then the shocker comes in the form of the news that Mira wants to cast fresh faces in the musical and that none of the film cast will be repeated. And the criteria for the stage act will be that the said actors have to be fabulous dancers since they will be singing and dancing non-stop on stage for two hours.
Meanwhile, Bhardwaj said that the stage adaptation of Monsoon Wedding will be like a Broadway musical version. He added that for the first time, he will be composing the songs in English, which will be sung live by the actors on stage.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress