- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Gender and sexuality
Producer: Mehjabeen Rajja
Director: Vinay Shukla
Music: Monty Sharma
Cast: Konkona Sen Sharma, Shreyas Talpade, Raima Sen, Boman Irani, Rajpal Yadav, Shahana Goswami and Arunoday Singh
An erotic comedy, the film is a collage of five stories, the film revolves around Maanav (Arunoday Singh), a struggling filmmaker, who tries to sell his script to a producer (Sushant Singh). But the producer is unsure of the script's commercial prospects. Under pressure the director narrates four short stories, each woman-centric and evolving over time. Konkona and Raima, each feature in two of the stories. Under the garb of adultery, these stories celebrate womanhood.
Director Vinay Shukla says: Somewhere, the struggle of Maanav comes from my struggle as a writer in the industry. In fact, at a deeper level the film is about the creative freedom that an artiste needs in this mercantile world that forms the core issue of the film. Personally Mirch is an attempt to find my voice.