- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Gender and sexuality
Producer: Mehjabeen Rajja
Director: Vinay Shukla
Music: Monty Sharma
Cast: Konkona Sen Sharma, Shreyas Talpade, Raima Sen, Boman Irani, Rajpal Yadav, Shahana Goswami and Arunoday Singh
An erotic comedy, the film is a collage of five stories, the film revolves around Maanav (Arunoday Singh), a struggling filmmaker, who tries to sell his script to a producer (Sushant Singh). But the producer is unsure of the script's commercial prospects. Under pressure the director narrates four short stories, each woman-centric and evolving over time. Konkona and Raima, each feature in two of the stories. Under the garb of adultery, these stories celebrate womanhood.
Director Vinay Shukla says: Somewhere, the struggle of Maanav comes from my struggle as a writer in the industry. In fact, at a deeper level the film is about the creative freedom that an artiste needs in this mercantile world that forms the core issue of the film. Personally Mirch is an attempt to find my voice.