Mirwaiz Umar Farooq placed under house arrest in Kashmir
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal slapped again during AAP roadshow in Delhi
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Mamata government asks Election Commission to reconsider transfer orders of West Bengal officials
Mirwaiz, who was under house arrest in Delhi following hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru on February 9, was allowed to return to the Valley.
He was escorted by a police posse from Srinagar Airport to his Nigeen residence and served with the house arrest order, Hurriyat spokesman said.
The Hurriyat chairman had called a press conference but the media-persons were not allowed to enter the premises of the Mirwaiz's residence, the spokesman said.
"The Mirwaiz was scheduled to visit the family of Afzal Guru after chairing a meeting of Hurriyat but the government has imposed curbs on all his activities," the spokesman said.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city