Misbah-ul-haq wanted Shahid Afridi for India tour
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
"In Razzaq's case it appears as if he has been punished for having made the public comments about Hafeez's captaincy after the team returned from Sri Lanka," the source said.
But a source close to the selectors said the idea behind dropping Razzaq was to start grooming a younger player for the future.
"That is why Asad Ali has been chosen as he is a good medium pacer and capable batsman and performed well in the recent national T20 championship taking 15 wickets."
Asad also hails from Faisalabad the hometown of both the national captains, Hafeez and Misbah.