Misbah-ul-haq wanted Shahid Afridi for India tour
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
"In Razzaq's case it appears as if he has been punished for having made the public comments about Hafeez's captaincy after the team returned from Sri Lanka," the source said.
But a source close to the selectors said the idea behind dropping Razzaq was to start grooming a younger player for the future.
"That is why Asad Ali has been chosen as he is a good medium pacer and capable batsman and performed well in the recent national T20 championship taking 15 wickets."
Asad also hails from Faisalabad the hometown of both the national captains, Hafeez and Misbah.