Misbah-ul-haq wanted Shahid Afridi for India tour
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
"In Razzaq's case it appears as if he has been punished for having made the public comments about Hafeez's captaincy after the team returned from Sri Lanka," the source said.
But a source close to the selectors said the idea behind dropping Razzaq was to start grooming a younger player for the future.
"That is why Asad Ali has been chosen as he is a good medium pacer and capable batsman and performed well in the recent national T20 championship taking 15 wickets."
Asad also hails from Faisalabad the hometown of both the national captains, Hafeez and Misbah.