Miscreants throw stones, footwear at DMK leader Khushboo
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Actress and DMK leader Khushboo on Thursday escaped unhurt when some unidentified persons threw stones and footwear at her while she was coming out of a hotel here, police said.
The miscreants shouted slogans, 'Khushboo is anti-DMK, anti-Stalin (party chief M Karunanidhi's son)' before fleeing the spot, police sources said.
Khushboo was here to attend the wedding of DMK Rajya Sabha MP Tiruchi N Siva's daughter, where Karunanidhi and Stalin were also present.
Speaking to reporters here, Khushboo said her house in Chennai was also attacked."I am in panic now since I got a telephonic message from my family that my house in Chennai has been attacked. I am worried about my children."
The attack comes against the backdrop of her interview to a Tamil magazine in which she reportedly spoke about Stalin's elevation as heir-apparent. Karunanidhi had recently publicly acknowledged Stalin's rise in the party hierarchy.
"People have misunderstood and misinterpreted my version in the Tamil Magazine. I have not made any wrong statement about Stalin or the decorum of the party. I am loyal to the party and obey what the leaders say," she said.