Miscreants throw stones, footwear at DMK leader Khushboo
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Actress and DMK leader Khushboo on Thursday escaped unhurt when some unidentified persons threw stones and footwear at her while she was coming out of a hotel here, police said.
The miscreants shouted slogans, 'Khushboo is anti-DMK, anti-Stalin (party chief M Karunanidhi's son)' before fleeing the spot, police sources said.
Khushboo was here to attend the wedding of DMK Rajya Sabha MP Tiruchi N Siva's daughter, where Karunanidhi and Stalin were also present.
Speaking to reporters here, Khushboo said her house in Chennai was also attacked."I am in panic now since I got a telephonic message from my family that my house in Chennai has been attacked. I am worried about my children."
The attack comes against the backdrop of her interview to a Tamil magazine in which she reportedly spoke about Stalin's elevation as heir-apparent. Karunanidhi had recently publicly acknowledged Stalin's rise in the party hierarchy.
"People have misunderstood and misinterpreted my version in the Tamil Magazine. I have not made any wrong statement about Stalin or the decorum of the party. I am loyal to the party and obey what the leaders say," she said.