Vidya Balan ties knot with Siddharth Roy Kapur
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Bollywood actress Vidya Balan tied the knot with UTV head Siddharth Roy Kapur on Friday in a ceremony which saw a mix of both Punjabi and Tamil traditions.
The wedding rituals went on for over an hour at the well-decorated Green Mile Bungalow in Bandra in the presence of family members of the bride and groom.
"The wedding ceremony is still on, it is a mix of both Punjabi and Tamil traditions. The food served is South Indian," a source close to Vidya said.
The 34-year-old actress underwent three changes in costume during the wedding ceremony, one of them being a mustard saree with a pink blouse, matching the groom's yellow kurta and pink turban.
The wedding festivities for the couple began on December 11 with a private dinner which was followed by a mehendi ceremony on December 12. The couple will reportedly be hosting a reception in Chennai.
Vidya, who never confirmed rumours about her relationship with Siddharth, stayed mum about her wedding as well and the celebrations are being kept as private as possible.
The 'Kahaani' actress, who was born in Kerala and grew up in Mumbai, made her Bollywood debut with the 2005 film 'Parineeta'.
- To attract more bidders, UT may make changes in excise policy this year
- AAP rally draws tepid response as senior leaders give it a miss
- Jaitley versus Captain: Hard fight, harder to call
- Attack on teachers, medical staff: Maoists say sorry for ‘lapse’
- Swamp of Muslim candidates may upset Congress applecart
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route