Miss India Sobhita Dhulipala wins second Miss Earth 2013 sub-contest
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Miss India Earth Sobhita Dhulipala, who is representing the country at the Miss Earth Pageant, has won Miss Eco Beauty title after Miss Photogenic today (December 5).
Sobhita tweeted: "Miss Eco beauty : Gold medal : India! Forever grateful to everybody. Thank you very much! Ecstatic."
Judged online, she has garnered over 5,000 votes. The 20-year-old has earlier tweeted that she won the Miss Photogenic sub-contest and by doing so she became the third Indian after former Miss Worlds' Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Diana Hayden.
Sobhita had tweeted: "3rd Indian after Aishwarya Rai & Diana Hayden to ever win miss photogenic on an international platform. After 16 years. Overjoyed, grateful!"
She is followed by Miss Macau Ashley Qian, who received a silver medal, and Ezgi Avci from Turkey, who received a bronze medal.
The final contest will be held on December 7 in Pasay City, the Phillipines.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express