Missing 12-year-old traced in Ghaziabad
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
A day after a 12-year-old girl, resident of Sector 56, went missing from her residence, she was traced by the city police in Ghaziabad on Sunday.
A police team was dispatched to bring the girl back home. The Chandigarh Police, however, were still not clear on whether this was a case of abduction or elopement. The police had lodged a missing report on Saturday.
Station House Officer (SHO) of Sector 39 police station, Inspector Gurmukh Singh said, "We traced the girl in Ghaziabad and have sent a team to bring her back. Her statements will be recorded as soon as she reaches the city and only after that it will be clear if the girl was abducted or she went there on her own".
The Chandigarh police control room had received a call about Heena, who had gone missing, on Saturday afternoon.
"Heena and I were going to a nearby shop to get a mobile recharge coupon. My mother asked me to stay back and help her with some work while Heena went to the market alone. I was standing in our balcony when I saw Heena returning. She was near the house when someone called her name and she went back. When I told my mother this, she said Heena may have forgotten to pay the shopkeeper," Heena's elder sister Komal told Newsline.
"A few minutes later, when Heena did not return, both me and my mother got worried and we went to look for her. We asked the shopkeeper if Heena had come back but he denied. We looked around for her and after we failed to find her, we informed the police," Komal added.
After scrutinizing the call records and dump data of the nearby mobile towers, the police traced a number which led the police to Ghaziabad. The police officials then contacted the person who was using the number and Heena was traced with him.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress