Missing boy found dead in water tank
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR score 163/5 against MI
Four days after a 7-year-old boy went missing, his body was on Friday morning found in the water tank of a residential building near his house in Kondhwa.
Police said the boy Dhiraj Bhaiyu Pandhare was a Class I student of a local English medium school and had been reported missing since February 4.
His family had reported to the Kondhwa police about the missing boy.
Police said the family lives in a rented house near Ganraj building in Shiveneri Nagar. On Friday morning, a water tanker came to Ganraj building.
Police said the driver was met with a foul smell when he opened the tank on the ground floor of the building and he informed residents. When a resident looked into the tank with a torch, body of the boy was spotted.
Kondhwa police reached the spot on getting the information. Cops fished out the body from the tank and sent it for post-mortem. Police said his mother identified him.
Senior police inspector Prasad Hasabnis said investigation is on to confirm the cause of death and how the boy fell into the tank. The boy is survived his parents and an elder sister. His father is a vegetable vendor and mother is unemployed.