Missing child’s body found in village well
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
The body of four-year-old Jaskaran, who had gone missing last Wednesday, was recovered from a well in Behra village on Monday. Dera Bassi SSP Gurpreet Singh Bhullar told Newsline that police were carrying out search operations at Behra village, from where the child hailed, on Monday when at around 2:00 pm, a resident noticed something floating in the village well and informed police.
They then fished out Jaskaran's body and sent to the Civil Hospital for a postmortem. The test results will indicate the reasons for the death, SSP Bhullar said.
The child's family members and villagers, however, said Jaskiran had been murdered. They claim that his body was not in the well on Friday, when the police had conducted raids in the village.While family members wanted a murder case registered, police are waiting for the postmortem report.
On Wednesday, Jaskaran, the son of Bhag Singh, a resident of Behra village near Dera Bassi was reported missing. Bhag Singh, an autorickshaw driver, told police that his son was playing outside the house with other kids but did not return home till late evening.
After searching for him, Bhag Singh informed the police. He told police that somebody had seen his son going with a person on a motorcycle. The police had booked the unknown motorcyclist on charges of kidnapping.