Missing child’s body found in village well
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Mohan Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The body of four-year-old Jaskaran, who had gone missing last Wednesday, was recovered from a well in Behra village on Monday. Dera Bassi SSP Gurpreet Singh Bhullar told Newsline that police were carrying out search operations at Behra village, from where the child hailed, on Monday when at around 2:00 pm, a resident noticed something floating in the village well and informed police.
They then fished out Jaskaran's body and sent to the Civil Hospital for a postmortem. The test results will indicate the reasons for the death, SSP Bhullar said.
The child's family members and villagers, however, said Jaskiran had been murdered. They claim that his body was not in the well on Friday, when the police had conducted raids in the village.While family members wanted a murder case registered, police are waiting for the postmortem report.
On Wednesday, Jaskaran, the son of Bhag Singh, a resident of Behra village near Dera Bassi was reported missing. Bhag Singh, an autorickshaw driver, told police that his son was playing outside the house with other kids but did not return home till late evening.
After searching for him, Bhag Singh informed the police. He told police that somebody had seen his son going with a person on a motorcycle. The police had booked the unknown motorcyclist on charges of kidnapping.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress