Missing child’s body found in village well
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
The body of four-year-old Jaskaran, who had gone missing last Wednesday, was recovered from a well in Behra village on Monday. Dera Bassi SSP Gurpreet Singh Bhullar told Newsline that police were carrying out search operations at Behra village, from where the child hailed, on Monday when at around 2:00 pm, a resident noticed something floating in the village well and informed police.
They then fished out Jaskaran's body and sent to the Civil Hospital for a postmortem. The test results will indicate the reasons for the death, SSP Bhullar said.
The child's family members and villagers, however, said Jaskiran had been murdered. They claim that his body was not in the well on Friday, when the police had conducted raids in the village.While family members wanted a murder case registered, police are waiting for the postmortem report.
On Wednesday, Jaskaran, the son of Bhag Singh, a resident of Behra village near Dera Bassi was reported missing. Bhag Singh, an autorickshaw driver, told police that his son was playing outside the house with other kids but did not return home till late evening.
After searching for him, Bhag Singh informed the police. He told police that somebody had seen his son going with a person on a motorcycle. The police had booked the unknown motorcyclist on charges of kidnapping.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit