Missing engineer’s body found in Kanpur, murder FIR lodged
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
His son identified the body from pictures and clothes kept by police
An FIR against unidentified persons was lodged on Friday for allegedly kidnapping and killing the junior engineer of Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation (UPSIDC) Om Prakash Sonkar whose body was found on December 24 in Kanpur's Gambhir village falling under Bithoor police circle.
The case was registered after Sonkar's son, Rahul Sonkar, identified the body on Thursday evening.
"After the postmortem was conducted we waited for three days and later disposed of the body. We had taken the photographs of the body and kept the clothes found on it. Rahul identified it and claimed to be of his father," said Station Officer, Bithoor police station, Manoj Kumar Mishra.
He added that they had received the postmortem report and it stated that death occurred due to injury on head.
A native of Kanpur's Kalyanpur locality, Sonkar (55) was posted in Kanpur.
Police in Kanpur said they came to know that a departmental inquiry was pending against Sonkar.
According to police, Rahul visited Bithoor police station and informed that the unclaimed body found on December 24 belongs to his father. Rahul told that he came to know about the body through newspapers.
Mishra said, Rahul told them that on December 22 he left his father at the office around 3.00 pm. Later, when he called his father on his cellphone an unidentified persons picked up and informed that he had met with an accident in Shuklaganj locality and they are taking him to hospital. Later, cellphone was found switched off. The family did not complaint about the incident to the police.
Inspector, Kalyanpur police station, SP Tiwari said no report was filed with them in connection with Om Prakash Sonkar.
The SSP of Kanpur, Yashasvi Yadav, said the sequence of events will be cleared through investigation.
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs