Missing Kanpur constable found dead near highway
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
A constable of the Excise Department, who had been missing for the last four days, was found murdered near a highway under Akbarpur police station area in Kanpur Dehat district on Thursday night.
Akbarpur SHO Dinesh Tripathi said the postmortem examination has found injuries on the constable's head, chest and face, and strangulation marks around his neck.
Dharmendra Singh Bhadauria (37), who was posted in Allahabad district, had gone missing from his house in Kidwai Nagar area of Kanpur city. A missing complaint was filed by his brother, Raghuveer Singh, on December 11. According to Raghuveer, his brother left home late in the evening on December 10, but did not return home and his mobilephone was found switched off. Police said they found the last location of his cellphone in Kidwai Nagar area that night.
Bhadauria belongs to Mangalpur area of Kanpur Dehat and was settled at Kidwai Nagar along with his family for last several years. He had come on leave to Kanpur from Allahabad a day before he went missing, police said.
The place from where his body was recovered is about 20 kilometres away from his native place in Kanpur Dehat.