Missing SP leaderís brother found murdered in Agra
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
A local Samajwadi Party leader's brother, who was missing since December 10 from his house in Sirsaganj town of Firozabad, was found murdered in a forest near Bateshwar area in Agra district on Sunday.
The victim ó Nitesh Kumar (20) ó was a B. Tech student in Ajmer and had come to visit his native place. His brother Ashish is vice-president of Samajwadi Party's Sirsaganj unit.
Giving details, the police said Nitesh's body bore gunshot injuries and his throat was also slit.
Soon after the victim's body reached Sirsaganj, locals went berserk and ransacked the house of one accused (Shankar) and torched the other's (Ankit). The mob even attacked the policemen when they reached to take control of the situation. Both the accused are absconding.
On December 10, Nitesh, the police said, left home to attend a party. Two days later, his family members lodged an FIR against the two youths for kidnapping Nitesh.
On Monday, a body was recovered near the forest area in Bateshwar, which was later identified as that of Nitesh by his family members. The locals protested by placing Nitesh's body in the middle of the road and demanded immediate arrest of the two accused. Circle Officer Shyamkant Singh said the hunt to nab the accused is on.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit