Mistry, Singhania to attend Advantage Vidarbha
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Top industry leaders, including Tata Group chairman Cyrus Mistry, will participate Advantage Vidarbha, a conference to be held here on February 25 and 26 to attract investments to the region.
CM Prithiviraj Chavan will inaugurate the event, while Union minister for heavy industries Praful Patel will preside over it, Maharashtra social justice and district guardian minister Shivaji Moghe said.
He said MoUs for Rs 15,000 crore were expected to be signed during two-day event but the challenge would be converting these into investments.
Moghe said CM was personally speaking to top industrialists for cooperation.
Mistry, Gautam Singhania of Raymond Group, Jindal Group vice-chairman and MD Sajjan Jindal and Indo Rama CMD O P Lohia would attended the inaugural session, he said, adding that Gautam Adani of Adani Group and Adi Godrej were also likely to be present. The conference would focus on textiles, agriculture and food processing, IT and biotechnology, automobiles and engineering, mining and mineral processing, tourism and aviation.
"The Tata empire started in Nagpur with Empress Mills. We have the logistic advantage of being located at the centre of the country, there is availability of land, electricity and quality manpower," said Moghe.
Baromas selected for Washington DC film fest
Baromas, a Hindi film based on a Sahitya Akademi-winning Marathi novel by the name by Sadanand Deshmukh, has been selected for the March 6 to 10 Washington DC Independent Film Festival (DCIFF).
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar