MIT orders lockdown after report of gunman on campus
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Saturday issued a "shelter in place" lockdown warning after police said they had received a report there could be a person in a campus building with a long rifle and wearing body armor.
The notice on MIT's website said multiple law enforcement agencies including Cambridge Police had responded to the campus.