MIT orders lockdown after report of gunman on campus
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Saturday issued a "shelter in place" lockdown warning after police said they had received a report there could be a person in a campus building with a long rifle and wearing body armor.
The notice on MIT's website said multiple law enforcement agencies including Cambridge Police had responded to the campus.
The Cambridge Police Department said on its website that it had searched the building with "negative results" and more information would follow.