MIT orders lockdown after report of gunman on campus
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Saturday issued a "shelter in place" lockdown warning after police said they had received a report there could be a person in a campus building with a long rifle and wearing body armor.
The notice on MIT's website said multiple law enforcement agencies including Cambridge Police had responded to the campus.
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape