Mitra lobs ‘freebie’ barb at CPM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA; Modi says his rivals acting like 'WWF wrestlers'
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- The Build-UP: Shah's gameplan to conquer the state for Modi
State transport minister Madan Mitra today said he would ask Rabindranath Tagore Hospital, where CPM MLA Abdur Rezzak Mollah is undergoing treatment, to send him details of how many CPM leaders got treatment there without paying for it.
Mitra said this in reaction to a question on allegations that Trinamool leaders were mounting pressure on the hospital authorities to release Mollah, who was admitted there after being assaulted by a mob allegedly led by Trinamool leader Arabul Islam.
"I will write to the hospital authorities for details on how many CPM leaders and ministers had received treatment and how many of them did not pay for it in the last 15-20 years," Mitra said.
Asked if it was unbecoming of a minister to write to a private hospital seeking reports on treatment of patients, Mitra said he would seek the information not as a minister but as a public representative.
He added that some CPM MLAs had received medical reimbursement but did not pay for treatment.
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death