Mixed reactions from kin of victims
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Maxwell, Miller lead KXIP to stunning win
Soon after Ajmal Amir Kasab was hanged, victims' families gave mixed reactions on the execution.
Heerabai Jadhav (73), a sweeper at Cama and Albless hospital, was shot in her right hand. Four years after the incident, she cannot use her right hand. Heerabai and her family are unhappy with the way Kasab's execution was carried out. "Why was he hanged secretly? He should have been hanged publicly in the presence of all those against whom he had committed this horrendous crime," Heerabai said.
Rajkumari Gupta, widow of Shivshankar Gupta, a bhelwallah who was shot dead near Cama and Albless hospital, could not stop crying throughout Wednesday. "We are happy that justice has finally been delivered and the terrorist who killed my father has been hanged. This should have been done much earlier," said Neelam Gupta, his daughter.
Ragini Sharma, widow of S K Sharma, head ticket collector who was shot dead at CST said though the hanging was delayed, "we finally got justice today". Sharma said, "I never expected or wished that Kasab should be hanged publicly. I am happy that the execution was done secretly."
Vishnu Zende, an announcer at CST who had saved many lives by alerting passengers about the terror attack over the public address system, said, "When I heard news of Kasab's execution, I remembered those horrifying scenes on November 26, 2008. I never thought I would hear news like this. I am happy. All those who died or were injured have got justice."
- ‘We were in a bit of trouble initially but AB came in and he steadied the ship’
- Cops claim body was lifted from crime scene within 20 mins, family says it’s a lie
- After opening loss CSK face resurgent Daredevils
- Kirsten has given me new insight, says Coulter-Nile
- Nomination filed, the other Manpreet Badal goes missing
- M&M keep it sweet for punjab