Mixing smoking and alcohol can worsen your hangover: study
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Rohsenow said there is also evidence that a hangover affects attention and reaction time in the short term, so it might be unwise to drive or work in safety sensitive occupations with a hangover.
However, no-one is sure yet whether hangovers may signal some type of damage to the brain, but smoking is already known from other studies to aggravate the ill effects on the brain caused by years of heavy drinking.
Rohsenow said the findings, published in the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, suggest that if smokers are going to indulge in heavy drinking, it would be wise to at least cut down on cigarettes.