MLA joins Cong, sonís firm lands high-value Gurgaon deal
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A week before the revised Gurgaon master plan was approved, a firm called the DSC Estate Developers Pvt Ltd drew up a "collaboration agreement" with eight individuals who owned agriculture land in the Badshahpur area of Gurgaon. The firm paid a total of Rs 4.80 crore for "group housing and other projects" on 10.2 acres. On August 29, when the master plan was approved by the Haryana government, the status ó and the value ó of these 10.2 acres changed overnight from agriculture to residential land.
DSC Estate Developers Pvt Ltd, according to records of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, has two directors ó Dharam Singh of South Extension in New Delhi and Satish Singh Chhoker of Samalkha in Panipat. Satish is the son of Dharam Singh Chhoker, MLA from Samalkha who along with four others left the Haryana Janhit Congress of Kuldeep Bishnoi and joined the Congress in November 2009. Chhoker was the only one of the five not rewarded with a ministerial or equivalent berth in the Haryana government after the defection ó of the four, two are ministers and two chief parliamentary secretaries.
The 10.2 acres for which DSC Estate Developers Pvt Ltd entered into a "collaboration agreement" will become part of Gurgaon Sector 68 once the master plan is finalised. Incidentally, this land is situated close to the 40 acres purchased by a firm owned by the business partners of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, who is currently in custody for his alleged role in the death of MDLR air hostess Geetika Sharma. The land deal involving Kanda's partners was first reported by The Indian Express on September 14.
In the "collaboration agreement" with the eight individuals, the word August has been crossed out and September written on top. It was submitted to the Joint Sub Registrar, Gurgaon, on September 10, 2012, and finally registered on September 25, 2012. The agreement, on behalf of DSC Estate Developers, was signed by Satish Singh Chhoker as its "authorised representative".
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express