MLA joins Cong, sonís firm lands high-value Gurgaon deal
- LIVE: Election Commission issues notice to AAP over clashes with BJP workers
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
A week before the revised Gurgaon master plan was approved, a firm called the DSC Estate Developers Pvt Ltd drew up a "collaboration agreement" with eight individuals who owned agriculture land in the Badshahpur area of Gurgaon. The firm paid a total of Rs 4.80 crore for "group housing and other projects" on 10.2 acres. On August 29, when the master plan was approved by the Haryana government, the status ó and the value ó of these 10.2 acres changed overnight from agriculture to residential land.
DSC Estate Developers Pvt Ltd, according to records of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, has two directors ó Dharam Singh of South Extension in New Delhi and Satish Singh Chhoker of Samalkha in Panipat. Satish is the son of Dharam Singh Chhoker, MLA from Samalkha who along with four others left the Haryana Janhit Congress of Kuldeep Bishnoi and joined the Congress in November 2009. Chhoker was the only one of the five not rewarded with a ministerial or equivalent berth in the Haryana government after the defection ó of the four, two are ministers and two chief parliamentary secretaries.
The 10.2 acres for which DSC Estate Developers Pvt Ltd entered into a "collaboration agreement" will become part of Gurgaon Sector 68 once the master plan is finalised. Incidentally, this land is situated close to the 40 acres purchased by a firm owned by the business partners of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, who is currently in custody for his alleged role in the death of MDLR air hostess Geetika Sharma. The land deal involving Kanda's partners was first reported by The Indian Express on September 14.
In the "collaboration agreement" with the eight individuals, the word August has been crossed out and September written on top. It was submitted to the Joint Sub Registrar, Gurgaon, on September 10, 2012, and finally registered on September 25, 2012. The agreement, on behalf of DSC Estate Developers, was signed by Satish Singh Chhoker as its "authorised representative".
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students