MLA LAD fund: No proof for Rs 404.76 cr expenditure?
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
There was no utilisation certificate provided for expenditure of over Rs 400 crore by various government civic agencies between 2008-11 under Member of Legislative Assembly Local Area Development (MLA LAD) scheme, according to an RTI reply.
The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi had framed a plan scheme 'strengthening and augmentation of infrastructure facilities in each Assembly Constituency' commonly known as MLA LAD scheme.
Under this, the Urban Development Department has released funds amounting to Rs 40476.11 lakh (about Rs 404.76 cr) during 2008-09 to 2010-11.
"During audit it was noticed that in 70 constituencies, the funds amounting to Rs 40476.11 lakh were released during 2008-09 to 2010-11 to 19 agencies.
"However, no accounts were submitted by these agencies to the Urban Development department. In absence of the accounts it may not be ensured whether these funds were fully utilised or not and how much funds are lying unutilised with the agencies," a CAG draft audit for 2010-11, copy of which was provided under RTI to advocate Vivek Garg, said. No utilisation certificate for about Rs 8354.08 lakh (Rs 83.54 cr) in 2010-11, Rs 11675.27 lakh (Rs 116.75 cr) during 2009-10 and Rs 11043.66 lakh (Rs 110.43 cr) in 2008-09 released to Municipal Corporation Delhi was not provided, it
Besides, utilisation certificate for Rs 577.6 lakh (Rs 57.7 cr) during 2010-11, Rs 920.08 lakh (Rs 92 cr) in 2009-10 and Rs 292 lakh (Rs 29 cr) during 2008-09 released to Delhi Jal Board was not given, the CAG draft said.
It also mentioned an outstanding of Rs 233.06 lakh (Rs23.3 cr) for 2010-11, Rs 297.83 lakh (Rs 29.7 cr) for 2009-10 and Rs 370.4 lakh (Rs 37 cr) against New Delhi Municipal Council in the absence of no utilisation certificate.
Whereas, no utilisation certificate for Rs 23.45 lakh in 2010-11, Rs 162.92 lakh (Rs 16.2 cr) during 2009-10 and Rs 21.07 lakh in 2008-09 expenditure by Delhi Development Authority was not provided, it said.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress