MLA LAD fund: No proof for Rs 404.76 cr expenditure?
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
There was no utilisation certificate provided for expenditure of over Rs 400 crore by various government civic agencies between 2008-11 under Member of Legislative Assembly Local Area Development (MLA LAD) scheme, according to an RTI reply.
The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi had framed a plan scheme 'strengthening and augmentation of infrastructure facilities in each Assembly Constituency' commonly known as MLA LAD scheme.
Under this, the Urban Development Department has released funds amounting to Rs 40476.11 lakh (about Rs 404.76 cr) during 2008-09 to 2010-11.
"During audit it was noticed that in 70 constituencies, the funds amounting to Rs 40476.11 lakh were released during 2008-09 to 2010-11 to 19 agencies.
"However, no accounts were submitted by these agencies to the Urban Development department. In absence of the accounts it may not be ensured whether these funds were fully utilised or not and how much funds are lying unutilised with the agencies," a CAG draft audit for 2010-11, copy of which was provided under RTI to advocate Vivek Garg, said. No utilisation certificate for about Rs 8354.08 lakh (Rs 83.54 cr) in 2010-11, Rs 11675.27 lakh (Rs 116.75 cr) during 2009-10 and Rs 11043.66 lakh (Rs 110.43 cr) in 2008-09 released to Municipal Corporation Delhi was not provided, it
Besides, utilisation certificate for Rs 577.6 lakh (Rs 57.7 cr) during 2010-11, Rs 920.08 lakh (Rs 92 cr) in 2009-10 and Rs 292 lakh (Rs 29 cr) during 2008-09 released to Delhi Jal Board was not given, the CAG draft said.
It also mentioned an outstanding of Rs 233.06 lakh (Rs23.3 cr) for 2010-11, Rs 297.83 lakh (Rs 29.7 cr) for 2009-10 and Rs 370.4 lakh (Rs 37 cr) against New Delhi Municipal Council in the absence of no utilisation certificate.
Whereas, no utilisation certificate for Rs 23.45 lakh in 2010-11, Rs 162.92 lakh (Rs 16.2 cr) during 2009-10 and Rs 21.07 lakh in 2008-09 expenditure by Delhi Development Authority was not provided, it said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer