MNREGS job cards: BJP MLA may face inquiry
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The general observer of the Dangs district on Wednesday asked the district collector to inquire into allegations of corruption against BJP MLA Vijay Patel who is contesting for his second term.
This comes after general observer M S Paraste, an IAS officer from Chhattisgarh, received an anonymous letter, claiming that Patel was involved in criminal and corrupt practices.
Confirming the development, Paraste said he has asked district collector P K Solanki to inquire into the matter.
Patel and his wife Hansa were allegedly issued job cards under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGS) for the construction of a protection wall and roads at Pimpri and Hanavat villages.
Their names were found in the muster roll with job card number GJ-14-003-058-003/464622451. The couple also allegedly received wages in their post office account number 362203 at Pimpri.
"This is a fact that Patel is involved in such a scam but it has nothing to do with the elections. It doesn't violate the model code of conduct. However, we have asked the departments concerned to take appropriate action," said Solanki.