MNS chief Raj Thackeray attacks Shobhaa De over statehood for Mumbai tweet
- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday attacked writer Shobhaa De for suggesting that Mumbai could also be separated from Maharashtra as a separate state.
In a personal attack on De, the MNS chief went on to say that creating a state was not as easy as getting a divorce, which she would understand.
The attack by Raj Thackeray came after De posted a tweet: "Maharashtra and Mumbai??? Why not? Mumbai has always fancied itself as an independent entity, anyway. This game has countless possibilities."
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment