MNS chief Raj Thackeray attacks Shobhaa De over statehood for Mumbai tweet
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday attacked writer Shobhaa De for suggesting that Mumbai could also be separated from Maharashtra as a separate state.
In a personal attack on De, the MNS chief went on to say that creating a state was not as easy as getting a divorce, which she would understand.
The attack by Raj Thackeray came after De posted a tweet: "Maharashtra and Mumbai??? Why not? Mumbai has always fancied itself as an independent entity, anyway. This game has countless possibilities."