MNS chief Raj Thackeray attacks Shobhaa De over statehood for Mumbai tweet
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday attacked writer Shobhaa De for suggesting that Mumbai could also be separated from Maharashtra as a separate state.
In a personal attack on De, the MNS chief went on to say that creating a state was not as easy as getting a divorce, which she would understand.
The attack by Raj Thackeray came after De posted a tweet: "Maharashtra and Mumbai??? Why not? Mumbai has always fancied itself as an independent entity, anyway. This game has countless possibilities."
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?