MNS MLA Ram Kadam's aide booked
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
A businessman has accused the personal assistant (PA) of MNS MLA Ram Kadam of intimidating and illegally confining him in Ghatkopar Sunday, police said.
The complainant, Abdul Bhopara (30), a resident of Andheri, alleged that he had been called to Kadam's office in Ghatkopar by the MLA's PA Sunny Malkar (25) on Sunday to sort out a property issue.
"A Ghatkopar resident had been involved in a property dispute with Bhopara. He approached Malkar to help him resolve the matter," said senior inspector Suresh Sakpal.
Park Site police said Malkar allegedly told the complainant to sort out his differences in his presence, failing which he threatened to kill him.
"There were many people in the office at the time and Malkar did not allow Bhopara to leave the premises unless he complied," Sakpal said.
Bhopara was finally allowed to leave late on Sunday evening, he has alleged. He approached police Monday. A case was registered under section 506 (criminal intimidation) and 347 (wrongful confinement) of IPC. "A probe is on," said Sakpal.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words