MNS MLA Ram Kadam's aide booked
- J-K: Day after DG level talks, 1 BSF officer killed in Pak firing in Rajouri
- Bihar polls: NDA fails to clinch seat-sharing deal as Manjhi plays hardball
- 70 Indian sailors stranded in Yemen, MEA says working on evacuation
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan heckled near Jhabua blast site; accused absconding
- Munnar tea estate workers end nine-day-long agitation
A businessman has accused the personal assistant (PA) of MNS MLA Ram Kadam of intimidating and illegally confining him in Ghatkopar Sunday, police said.
The complainant, Abdul Bhopara (30), a resident of Andheri, alleged that he had been called to Kadam's office in Ghatkopar by the MLA's PA Sunny Malkar (25) on Sunday to sort out a property issue.
"A Ghatkopar resident had been involved in a property dispute with Bhopara. He approached Malkar to help him resolve the matter," said senior inspector Suresh Sakpal.
Park Site police said Malkar allegedly told the complainant to sort out his differences in his presence, failing which he threatened to kill him.
"There were many people in the office at the time and Malkar did not allow Bhopara to leave the premises unless he complied," Sakpal said.
Bhopara was finally allowed to leave late on Sunday evening, he has alleged. He approached police Monday. A case was registered under section 506 (criminal intimidation) and 347 (wrongful confinement) of IPC. "A probe is on," said Sakpal.