MNS MLA Ram Kadam's aide booked
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
A businessman has accused the personal assistant (PA) of MNS MLA Ram Kadam of intimidating and illegally confining him in Ghatkopar Sunday, police said.
The complainant, Abdul Bhopara (30), a resident of Andheri, alleged that he had been called to Kadam's office in Ghatkopar by the MLA's PA Sunny Malkar (25) on Sunday to sort out a property issue.
"A Ghatkopar resident had been involved in a property dispute with Bhopara. He approached Malkar to help him resolve the matter," said senior inspector Suresh Sakpal.
Park Site police said Malkar allegedly told the complainant to sort out his differences in his presence, failing which he threatened to kill him.
"There were many people in the office at the time and Malkar did not allow Bhopara to leave the premises unless he complied," Sakpal said.
Bhopara was finally allowed to leave late on Sunday evening, he has alleged. He approached police Monday. A case was registered under section 506 (criminal intimidation) and 347 (wrongful confinement) of IPC. "A probe is on," said Sakpal.