Mob on rampage in Greater Noida after girl's dies in road accident
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A mob pelted stones on police and set ablaze a car today in Greater Noida area after a girl was killed in a road accident here, forcing the cops to resort to lathi-charge them.
The victim, a class XI student, was on her way to college in an auto which turned turtle after being rammed by the speeding car, police said.
While Neelam died on the spot, three other passengers including the car driver sustained injuries and were admitted to the hospital, they said.
Enraged over the accident, local villagers blocked the traffic by keeping the victim's body on the road and set ablaze the vehicle involved in the accident, besides damaging over half a dozen other vehicles.
Police resorted to mild lathi-charge after which the crowd was dispersed, they said.