Mob on rampage in Greater Noida after girl's dies in road accident
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: KXIP win toss, elect to bowl first
A mob pelted stones on police and set ablaze a car today in Greater Noida area after a girl was killed in a road accident here, forcing the cops to resort to lathi-charge them.
The victim, a class XI student, was on her way to college in an auto which turned turtle after being rammed by the speeding car, police said.
While Neelam died on the spot, three other passengers including the car driver sustained injuries and were admitted to the hospital, they said.
Enraged over the accident, local villagers blocked the traffic by keeping the victim's body on the road and set ablaze the vehicle involved in the accident, besides damaging over half a dozen other vehicles.
Police resorted to mild lathi-charge after which the crowd was dispersed, they said.