Mobile phones found again in Sabarmati jail
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
AHMEDABAD:Two mobile phones were reportedly found early Monday from Bada Chakkar area of the Sabarmati Central Jail where convicts are lodged. This is the second time since the discovery of a tunnel inside the jail that mobile phones have been seized. Earlier, two mobile phones were found from the same area of the jail. They allegedly belonged to an inmate who is lodged in the jail in a dowry and harassment case.
City Congress opposes hike in property tax
AHMEDABAD:Local Congress leaders staged a dharna outside the North Zone AMC office here on Monday demanding rollback of the recent hike in property tax by the civic body, saying the residents were already reeling under price rise. City Congress president Pankaj Shah said the BJP had jacked up property tax to almost double in 2008 and "again in 2013, it seeks to increase it by another 60 per cent".
380 cases of mineral theft in 2012
Gandhinagar:In the calendar year 2012, over 380 cases of mineral theft from mines have been reported from Junagadh district of Gujarat. The maximum number of these thefts have been reported from Una, Vanthali, Junagadh and Suthrapada talukas.