Mock fire drill held at city airport
- One needs to be a good listener to become a good orator: PM Modi
- Migrant crisis: Father of drowned Syrian toddler returns to Kobani for burial
- IIT graduate who fled with Harley Davidson held in Mumbai
- Delhi HC allows permanent commission for women in Indian Navy
- Hindu group forces Muslim writer in Kerala to stop Ramayana column
As a part of an Air Force exercise, some grass along the runway on Pune airport was set on fire around 7.15 pm on Tuesday. The drill went on normally with no changes in the schedule even as rumours of a major fire went around for sometime.
An Air Force spokesperson said, "It was a regular exercise of the Air Force to check the reaction in case there is a fire. A situation was created at 7.15 pm on Tuesday."
Airport director P S R K Sudhakar said, "The situation was normal throughout the exercise. There was no change in the schedule. A false message that had gone out had caused fear for some time."