- Elections 2014 LIVE: Tharoor mocks at Modi's meeting with actors; 80 pc polling in Inner Manipur
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Karthik-led DD face RCB
Raghuvanshi says that all arts have a shared heritage and it is this multi-disciplinary approach — including art, fashion and design — that needs to be addressed. "Also, the performing artistes have kept traditions alive, especially that of wearing a sari. The grace with which they carry the sari is beautiful. There is a certain rhythm to the whole thing. You can't just drape a sari on a model and be sure that there will be elegance on the ramp," says Raghuvanshi, who has included paintings by artists such as Niren Sengupta, Sanjay Bhattacharya, Shridhar Iyer and Manisha Gawade, apart from her own.
Vocalist Meeta Pandit, also walking the ramp for the first time, will wear a pink sari with abstract work on it. "It will be interesting. I have never walked the ramp but I am excited," she said. Other artistes to be spotted at the show include Bharatanatyam and Odissi exponent Sonal Mansingh, sitar player Shubhendra Rao , vocalist Madup Mudgal and Kuchipudi and Bharatanatyam dancer Swapna Sundari.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18