Model Simran Sood gets bail in Kakkad and Tikku murder cases
- Hummer horror case: Kerala court awards life sentence for convict Muhammad Nisham
- Pathankot attack part of our activity, nothing to do with Indo-Pak dialogue: Hizb-ul Mujahideen chief
- Rohit Vemula suicide: Dalit staff lay low in fear of being dubbed anti-national
- Pathankot: Intruder shot dead by BSF along Indo-Pak border
- Rohith Vemula got call from cops, notice from hostel
A sessions court here today granted bail to Simran Sood, small time model and wife of arrested gangster Vijay Palande, in two murder cases.
However, Sood cannot be released from jail as she is in custody in a fake passport case.
"Sood has been granted bail in the last year's murder cases of aspiring producer Karan Kumar Kakkad and Delhi-based businessman Arun Kumar Tikku and we will apply for bail in the fake passport case in a day or two," her lawyer C R Mishra said.
The court granted her bail on the surety of Rs 1 lakh in the Tikku case and Rs 50,000 in the Kakkad case.
The court also directed Sood not to leave Mumbai, Mishra said.
Sood and Palande had befriended Kakkad to allegedly grab his property. Palande had later come to know that Kakkad was into cricket betting and had lost Rs 2 crore. Thereafter, he and others hatched a conspiracy to eliminate him and usurp his property, police said.
When police arrested Palande in the murder case of Delhi- based businessman Arunkumar Tikku, he revealed that he had also killed Kakkad.
According to police, Palande, had become friends with Anuj, son of the Tikku a couple of years ago. He had plans to takeover the three flats-clubbed into one. The flats were in Anuj's name.
However, Palande saw the plan failing when Arun flew down to Mumbai from Delhi and evicted Dhananjay Shinde and Manoj Gajkosh whom Palande had kept in the flat after making Anuj sign a two-year lease and license agreement with a German.
Both Dhananjay and Manoj are the co-accused in the Tikku murder case.
On the fateful day, while Palande took Anuj to Goa in his Mercedes Benz, Manoj and Dhananjay brutally murdered Tikku.
Palande, during interrogation in the Tikku murder case, confessed that he killed Kakkad and dumped his body on Mumbai's outskirts.
- We need to stop denying India’s not-so-hidden apartheid
- Pranab and Sushma visits reflect today’s tighter India-Israel bond
- Iran nuclear deal demonstrate the necessity and benefits of multilateralism
- Diary item: Bengal’s Burdwan break
- What if law not dictate but allows old customs and traditions to do their work?
- Strictly regulated and independently audited jallikattu is the way to go