- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal on dharna against attack on Bharti; Modi to file nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Modi urges youngsters to vote; Medha Patkar alleges money distribution by parties
Canada-based fitness model Amrit Dhaliwal hopes to launch her line of glamfit books in the country soon
Dressed comfortably in a white T-shirt, purple pants and Steve Madden heels, fitness model Amrit Dhaliwal appears to be completely at ease with her way around the city. Dhaliwal, who is of Punjabi descent, hails from Canada. She has been a celebrity fitness model for brands like Parasuco and Guess, authored a glamfit series of books, in addition to having been a spokesperson for Alliance Entertainment, and also a director for a clinical research company. She is currently in the city to host a series of seminars, primarily for women, which will deal with staying and looking fit as well as working on a regime that will fuse these methods into their lifestyle.
Dhaliwal in fact has an impressive resume to her credit. Right from hosting the Naked News series in Toronto to even appearing on the Howard Stern Show, she has done it all. Commenting on the scenario in the country, she says, "There is this popular misconception that if women start weight training, they will end up looking like men." In her case, it was an accident in 2003 that forced her to take up weight training. "It bought me back to modelling and made me fall in love with myself again," she says.
Having studied the Indian market thoroughly, she hopes to bring her line of glamfit books, which she has authored along with a cookbook on nutritional foods that one can eat without compromising on taste. Sharing her fitness mantra, she says, "The important part which people need to know is that getting a good body is not about losing weight in five to six months, but about maintaining it for a minimum of five to six years. And yes, the best way to follow the plan is to allow oneself a 'cheat day' where you can binge on foods you love."
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building