Moderate earthquake hits Bengal, Assam, North-East
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A moderate intensity earthquake tonight shook West Bengal, Assam and parts of North East.
The earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale occurred at 10.12 pm, Indian Meteorological department (IMD) sources said.
There was no report of any casualty from any place.
The epicentre of the earthquake was in Myanmar and its latitude was 22.5 degree north, longitude 94.8 degree east and its depth was 115 km, they said.