Moderate earthquake hits Bengal, Assam, North-East
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
A moderate intensity earthquake tonight shook West Bengal, Assam and parts of North East.
The earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale occurred at 10.12 pm, Indian Meteorological department (IMD) sources said.
There was no report of any casualty from any place.
The epicentre of the earthquake was in Myanmar and its latitude was 22.5 degree north, longitude 94.8 degree east and its depth was 115 km, they said.