Moderate earthquake hits Bengal, Assam, North-East
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A moderate intensity earthquake tonight shook West Bengal, Assam and parts of North East.
The earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale occurred at 10.12 pm, Indian Meteorological department (IMD) sources said.
There was no report of any casualty from any place.
The epicentre of the earthquake was in Myanmar and its latitude was 22.5 degree north, longitude 94.8 degree east and its depth was 115 km, they said.