Moderate earthquake hits Bengal, Assam, North-East
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
A moderate intensity earthquake tonight shook West Bengal, Assam and parts of North East.
The earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale occurred at 10.12 pm, Indian Meteorological department (IMD) sources said.
There was no report of any casualty from any place.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- IS repeat that they are doing these to ensure that we live in a world free of infidels
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities