Moderate earthquake hits Bengal, Assam, North-East
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
A moderate intensity earthquake tonight shook West Bengal, Assam and parts of North East.
The earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale occurred at 10.12 pm, Indian Meteorological department (IMD) sources said.
There was no report of any casualty from any place.
The epicentre of the earthquake was in Myanmar and its latitude was 22.5 degree north, longitude 94.8 degree east and its depth was 115 km, they said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi