Moderate intensity tremor strikes Kashmir Valley
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
A moderate intensity tremor shook Bhaderwah valley and adjoining areas of Doda-Kishtwar belt of Jammu and Kashmir in the early morning on today, triggering panic among the people after a week of lull.
The tremor measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale struck the Doda-Kishtwar belt at around 2.38 am, MeT officials said.
The epicentre of the quake was in Bhaderwah, they said. There was no immediate report of any casualty or injury.
However, due to fear, most of the people remained outside their houses.
On May 15, three moderate intensity earthquakes and five after shocks shook Bhaderwah valley and adjoining areas in Doda-Kishtwar belt of the state.
With today's quake, altogether 34 tremors have occurred in Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during past fortnight with maximum 11 on May one. While one tremor was struck on April 31, three on May 2 and one on May 3, one on May 5 and two on May 6, two on May 8, three on May 13, one on May 14, eight on May 15 and one today.
Two persons were killed and 69 others, including 26 students and three teachers, injured when scores of buildings were damaged due repeated tremors that shook Doda and Kishtwar districts.
A tremor measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale was recorded at 12.27 pm and subsequent 10 after shocks continued till 3.02 pm on May one in Jammu and Kashmir.
Police has put on alert its 100 field-units for acting as rescue teams in case of any unforeseen situation and exigency of quake situation in Doda district.
The state government has announced Rs 25 crore relief package for quake victims.
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style