Modi a towering symbol of nationalism: Naqvi
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Amid talks within BJP over prime ministerial candidate, party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Saturday called Narendra Modi a "towering symbol of nationalism" having country-wide appeal, but said there were a number of "capable leaders" and decision will be taken at appropriate time.
"Narendra Modi has definitely emerged, over the years, as a towering symbol of nationalism with proven record of providing good governance and tackling terrorism and lawlessness," Naqvi told reporters here.
"Although he is the Chief Minister of Gujarat, his popularity has been gradually growing outside the state and it would not be wrong to say that he has gained a country-wide appeal," he said.
"A formal decision (with regard to projecting a Prime Ministerial candidate) will be taken at an appropriate time," he said.