Narendra Modi the best choice for PM post: Ram Jethmalani
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
Batting for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate, eminent lawyer and Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani today said Modi would be the best choice for the post.
"In my opinion Narendra Modi will be the best prime minister of the country," Jethmalani told reporters replying to query during a visit here.
"I have already made my position very clear. I have nothing to hide (about Modi's choice as PM)," said the Rajya Sabha MP, who was here to represent a private company before Justice M B Shah Commission probing into alleged illegal mining activities in Odisha.
Jethmalani, who had supported Modi for the top post last year while demanding that BJP president Nitin Gadkari step down, said the Gujarat chief minister should be projected as the future PM candidate.
He had also said last month that he believed Modi was "impeccably secular".
Regarding Shah Commission's functioning, Jethmalani said the probe panel is doing a good job.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit