Modi as PM: If religious leaders will decide, it shows complete bankruptcy, says Shivanand Tiwari
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi reacted sharply to this, saying building coalitions is a very difficult task but breaking them is easy.
"We do not believe in breaking coalitions but in building them. The NDA alliance will not only emerge stronger but its strength will also increase. As to who will be the PM candidate, the party will decide and announce at the appropriate time," Naqvi said.
Congress ridiculed BJP and the Sangh Parivar for the confusion on the issue.
"BJP and its allies are fighting for something they are not going to get. It is a useless exercise. Why are they doing it? There is no possibility of this happening in 2014," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
BJP Secretary Balbir Punj hit back at Congress saying the people of the country will decide as to who should become the Prime Minister and sadhus and religious figures constitute an important component of the society.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer