Narendra Modi eyes knowledge-based tie-ups at Vibrant Gujarat summit
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The coming Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors' Summit will focus on forging knowledge-based strategic partnerships and global collaborations, Chief Minister Narendra Modi said on Wednesday.
The biennial global investor summit, organised by the state government, will be held from January 11 to 13.
"The government has realised the importance of forging knowledge-based strategic partnerships and the value created by them for the industries and society. This VGS will focus on these two issues," Modi said in an official statement here.
He said his government is committed to explore new dimensions offered by such valuable collaborations.
"The previous summits focused on mobilising investments across the industry sectors of Gujarat. However, since the 2011 summit, the government has given special emphasis on addressing need for youth development, increasing skill development and creating employment opportunities, creating more women entrepreneurs and giving a boost to the sunrise sectors such as green energy."
"Senior diplomats from Japan, UK, China, Canada, USA, Denmark, African countries and Australia, among others, will be attending the summit. Industry captains from Tata Group, Reliance Industries, ADA Group, Essar, Ford Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra are also going to be present," Principal Secretary (Industries) Maheshwar Shahu said.
"Business outfits from developed economies like the UK and the US have announced partnerships with the state government," Shahu said.
He said Japan and Canada will
remain the partner countries for the sixth edition of the Narendra Modi government's showpiece event to woo industries. Another highlight of the summit is the Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show, which will see participation from more than 1,000 companies from over 25 sectors and 14 countries, he said.
A "first of its kind in the country" and possibly in the world, a concept car studded with thousands of Swarovski gems, gold and silver will be on display at the venue. The car would be auctioned and the proceeds donated to the chief minister's relief fund, Shahu said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties