Modi government's development claims "total lies'': Gujarat Congress
On Gujarat IPS officer G L Singhal's arrest today by the CBI in Isharat Jahan fake encounter case, he alleged that the state has achieved "development in arrests of its police officers and there won't be any other state in our country where so many its police officers are in jail." Vaghela also found fault in claims of Gujarat being number one in many areas. "Chief Minister had claimed that ours is the first ever state in the world to establish Forensic Science University but this is an absolute lie as there are more than 100 such Universities. Moreover, Sagar University in MP, Punjab University in Punjab and Delhi Universities have these courses since 1946, 1962 and 1972 respectively," he added.
"Few people will believe few lies for short times, few people will believe for long time but you can not fool people with your lies for ever," he said.
"This government has repeatedly, since 2002, made same promises over and over in each Assembly elections and the promises made in its election manifestos were not fulfilled till now," he alleged.
- Delhi confidential: Seat selection
- Rajnath’s 3-day Lucknow tour begins today
- MP with most criminal cases ages slowly in Jharkhand
- Guru who filed case against Ramdev gets Congress ticket
- Now, Ram Vilas Vedanti threatens to rebel ‘if Rajnath refuses ticket’
- Mamata hits back: ‘Those who don’t know poverty are talking big’