Modi greets Sonia on her birthday, 'I pray for her long and healthy life'
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Leaving the acrimony behind, Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Monday greeted UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on her birthday.
On microblogging site Twitter, Modi wrote, "Wishing UPA Chairperson Smt. Sonia Gandhi on her birthday. I pray for her long and healthy life."
Wishing UPA Chairperson Smt. Sonia Gandhi on her birthday. I pray for her long and healthy life.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 9, 2013
In election campaigns, both the political heavy-weights have taken on each other viciously. Modi has always addressed the Congress chief as Madam Sonia and Rahul as Shehzade during his rallies.
The results of the assembly elections may have dampened the spirit of the Congress workers and Sonia's birthday is likely to be a low-key affair. The Congress party was routed in four Assembly elections. It lost Delhi and Rajasthan while BJP retained Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. So the dismal performance of the party in state elections is a perfect spoiler!