Modi greets Sonia on her birthday, 'I pray for her long and healthy life'
- Elections LIVE: Muthalik shown the door by BJP hours after his appointment
- France has images of possible jet debris: Malaysia
- Sharad Pawar encourages party workers to vote twice in Lok Sabha polls
- Thane shocker: 24-year-old woman brutalised for refusing to enter flesh-trade
- India vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Unchanged India win toss, elect to field
Leaving the acrimony behind, Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Monday greeted UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on her birthday.
On microblogging site Twitter, Modi wrote, "Wishing UPA Chairperson Smt. Sonia Gandhi on her birthday. I pray for her long and healthy life."
Wishing UPA Chairperson Smt. Sonia Gandhi on her birthday. I pray for her long and healthy life.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 9, 2013
In election campaigns, both the political heavy-weights have taken on each other viciously. Modi has always addressed the Congress chief as Madam Sonia and Rahul as Shehzade during his rallies.
The results of the assembly elections may have dampened the spirit of the Congress workers and Sonia's birthday is likely to be a low-key affair. The Congress party was routed in four Assembly elections. It lost Delhi and Rajasthan while BJP retained Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. So the dismal performance of the party in state elections is a perfect spoiler!
- Mamata slams Cong, BJP for passing Telangana Bill
- Mollah calls for Muslim-Dalit ‘Maha Jot’ to defeat Left, TMC
- Didi releases party manifestos, reflects ‘national ambition’
- Rs 700-crore hawala racket busted, Surat trader’s home, office raided
- Just a click away, one stop data on over 10 lakh criminals
- The age of individualism