Modi has created crony capitalists, not neo-middle class: Cong minister
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari Monday alleged that Chief Minister Narendra Modi had created "crony capitalists", suggesting a close relationship between a few chosen industrialists and the state government.
Addressing mediapersons at the state Congress headquarters, Tewari, who had come for election campaigning, said, "In the last 11 years, Modi has not created a 'neo-middle class' as claimed in BJP's manifesto but created a new cult of crony capitalists in the state."
He said Modi's "friendly industrialists" had been given benefits running into thousands of crores of rupees on the pretext of industrialisation.
Tewari said if there was so much of development in Gujarat as claimed by Modi, then why was the state under "a debt of Rs 1,40,000 crore".
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties