Modi has created crony capitalists, not neo-middle class: Cong minister
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari Monday alleged that Chief Minister Narendra Modi had created "crony capitalists", suggesting a close relationship between a few chosen industrialists and the state government.
Addressing mediapersons at the state Congress headquarters, Tewari, who had come for election campaigning, said, "In the last 11 years, Modi has not created a 'neo-middle class' as claimed in BJP's manifesto but created a new cult of crony capitalists in the state."
He said Modi's "friendly industrialists" had been given benefits running into thousands of crores of rupees on the pretext of industrialisation.