Modi has created crony capitalists, not neo-middle class: Cong minister
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari Monday alleged that Chief Minister Narendra Modi had created "crony capitalists", suggesting a close relationship between a few chosen industrialists and the state government.
Addressing mediapersons at the state Congress headquarters, Tewari, who had come for election campaigning, said, "In the last 11 years, Modi has not created a 'neo-middle class' as claimed in BJP's manifesto but created a new cult of crony capitalists in the state."
He said Modi's "friendly industrialists" had been given benefits running into thousands of crores of rupees on the pretext of industrialisation.
Tewari said if there was so much of development in Gujarat as claimed by Modi, then why was the state under "a debt of Rs 1,40,000 crore".
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore