Modi has created crony capitalists, not neo-middle class: Cong minister
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari Monday alleged that Chief Minister Narendra Modi had created "crony capitalists", suggesting a close relationship between a few chosen industrialists and the state government.
Addressing mediapersons at the state Congress headquarters, Tewari, who had come for election campaigning, said, "In the last 11 years, Modi has not created a 'neo-middle class' as claimed in BJP's manifesto but created a new cult of crony capitalists in the state."
He said Modi's "friendly industrialists" had been given benefits running into thousands of crores of rupees on the pretext of industrialisation.
Tewari said if there was so much of development in Gujarat as claimed by Modi, then why was the state under "a debt of Rs 1,40,000 crore".