Modi has no development concept: Govindacharya
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Former BJP leader K N Govindacharya on Sunday said Gujarat CM Narendra Modi did not have any "concept for development" and the state had benefited from its geographical advantage.
"Narendra Modi has no development conception at all. Development means it should reach the last person of the society," Govindacharya said, indicating Gujarat still lagged behind in all-round development.
"Besides, Gujarat has also geographical and natural advantage and coastal belt," he said in an obvious reference that traditionally the state has been a developed state. On the issue of the next PM candidate, he said, "Let there be a lottery."