Modi is decisive, dynamic & development-oriented: Venkaiah Naidu
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to file nomination from Varanasi tomorrow; Cong slams Modi for levelling 'cheap' allegations against Gandhi family
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said that the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate's name is associated with three 'D's -- dynamism, decisiveness and development.
"Narendra Modi is 3D- decisive, dynamic and development- oriented, because he has done something in Gujarat," Naidu told reporters here on the sidelines of a meeting of state BJP leaders.
"After Modi was declared the BJP's prime ministerial candidate, we had an electrifying effect not only in the party, but also in the country. Everybody is happy...it was a timely decision of the party," he said.
According to Naidu, BJP veteran L K Advani was not
opposed to Modi being named the party's prime ministerial candidate, but only wanted the announcement to be made after the elections in four states. "Ours is a democratic party and therefore the decision (to name Modi as PM candidate) was a party decision," he said.
Taking a dig at Congress, he said, "They have no (suitable) person in Congress (as the PM candidate). This was our situation during the Jan Sangh days. They (Congress) used to say they have Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and ask us 'who do you have?'."
The former BJP president also said that the polls should be fought on the planks of developmental and good governance.
"We will present our performance in the BJP-ruled states and we want Congress to present their performance in the states ruled by them," he said.
Naidu said that BJP's alliance partners in the NDA should focus on expansion. "There will be a realignment of (parties) in NDA... NDA will expand," he said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready