Modi is VHP’s candidate for PM
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Rajnath Singh has confirmed his plan to attend Kumbh on February 6 and is also likely to seek the blessings of leaders gathered for VHP's meetings there.
While Singhal appeared backing Modi's case, senior VHP leaders sought to play it down saying the "Parishad does not support any one person or one political party... it believes that whoever will espouse its cause, the people will support that person or party".
VHP's dispositions towards different contenders for the prime ministerial candidature within the BJP holds significance in wake of the fact that the RSS recently brokered peace between the VHP and the BJP.
According to the larger design, which is believed to have been arrived at during their deliberations was that the VHP will revive the Hindutva sentiments while the BJP will be the flag-bearer for good governance on the political level to leverage both the popular sentiments to their advantage in the next Lok Sabha polls. With ENS, Bhopal