Modi lauds people of Bihar for courage
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Remembering the October 27 Patna serial blasts, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi lauded the people of Bihar for their resilience and courage. He said that he remembers the incident not for who triggered the bombs, but for the courage that the Biharis showed.
Five persons were killed in the blasts that left dozens wounded during BJP's Hunkar rally.
"For some political reasons, people are trying to cover up this incident. but I salute the courage of the people of Bihar...If one wants to understand an individual or a society, it is during times of crisis when their real nature is revealed. After this incident, I realised how courageous you people are," Modi said in his over half-an-hour speech at a gathering of people originally from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh on the occasion of a cultural event, organised by a newly formed NGO BIGMAS (Bihar Gujarat Maitri Sangh).
While saying that there is need to create a positive atmosphere in the country Modi said the country can draw inspiration from many things. "Why not create something that unites the whole nation on occasions like Mahatma Gandhi's 150th birth anniversary. Similarly, the nation will be celebrating the golden jubilee of its Independence in the next decade. But why not start involving the whole nation for its preparation?" Modi said presiding over the event as a chief guest.
"The mindset of 'everything is dead' doesn't look good," Modi said, as the crowd cheered at the jam-packed convention hall
of Gujarat University.
On the occasion, there were several IPS officers, who hailed from Bihar, including Ahmedabad Police Commissioner Shivanand Jha, Joint Director of Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch A K Sharma, Additional Director General of Police Mohan Jha.
On the occasion, the invited guests included Bihar BJP MLA Giriraj Singh, BJP MLA from Bhuj Vasan Ahir, Rajya Sabha MP Parimal Nathwani, founder of Nirma Group Karsan Patel.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today