Modi men at helm, NaMo TV goes on air, quietly
- Pakistan covets territory of others and uses terrorism as state policy: India
- Arunachal verdict: Law on Nabam Tuki's side but not numbers, Congress has Plan B
- With VK Singh onboard, two IAF aircraft leave to evacuate Indians from South Sudan
- Kashmir protests: Another person succumbs to injuries, death toll reaches 37
- Two women commit suicide in a day inside IIT Madras campus
Propaganda war The channel will telecast CM's programmes live till the polls are over
A day after the state Assembly elections were announced, an IPTV website and a parallel cable TV channel, NaMo Gujarat, named eponymously after Chief Minister Narendra Modi, began their operations on Thursday.
The channel, which will telecast Modi's speeches and showcase the achievements of his government, can be accessed across the state through GTPL and In-cable, the two largest cable networks in the state.
Namo also means "bowing down to" in Gujarati.
The test signals for NaMo Gujarat started four days ago and the channel was launched without any formal announcement or fanfare Thursday morning.
The channel now will be seen 24x7 in all televisions sets with cable connections. For direct-to-home(DTH) and digital TV viewers, the state BJP has partnered with five local Gujarati satellite channels which will broadcast the same content prepared by the NaMo TV.
The project is under the supervision of state's Industries Minister Saurabh Patel, a trusted aide of Modi, and Parindu Bhagat (Kakubhai) of the BJP, also said to be close to the CM.
The BJP has outsourced the project to newhopeinfotainment ltd, an Ahmedabad-based company, and to South India-based leading TV group Asianet TV.
A hi-tech new studio has been opened for the channel in Prahladnagar area of Ahmedabad.
A senior BJP leader associated with the project said, "From today, we have launched NaMo Gujarat and IPTV channel www.namotv.in. Another site www.namoleague.com is already in cyberspace. They will broadcast the CM's recent and old speeche, besides telecasting live his election programmes. There will be live debates in which senior BJP leaders will present the party's views. There will be no negative content. Both the channels will focus on CM's message to the people of state."
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance
- Telescope: On Kashmir, channels pulled in one direction, RSTV restored perspective
- A wide space has opened up for radicalisation in Kashmir
- An attack on vibrant Bangladesh
- Retreat Of Global Norms
- After Burhan Wani death protests, an illusion is shattered in Kashmir