Modi misused central funds, says Sonia
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday took on Narendra Modi's development plank, charging that the Gujarat government "misused" central funds to benefit some business people leaving the common man in the lurch.
Addressing her first campaign rally for the second phase of elections, Gandhi said the UPA government provided 50% more funds to Gujarat than the BJP-led NDA government. "To benefit some special 5 3people and businessmen, all these schemes were used for them. Common man is not getting any benefit. Government every year gives 3,128 MW of electricity to Gujarat. It is selling 800 MW to earn profits. This is injustice to people who are waiting for electricity connections."
She said Congress is not fighting for just power in Gujarat but for development of the state. Gandhi also spoke about a series of initiatives taken by the UPA government like RTI and RTE.
Breaking into Gujarati to ask people to vote for her party, Gandhi also said that the Narendra Modi-led government was misleading people in the name of development and making false promises.
Campaigning for the second phase of Gujarat elections to be held on December 17, Gandhi blamed the state government for not utilising funds provided by the Central government under various projects.