Modi, PM to share dais in Ahmedabad
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Two days before Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's birth anniversary, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will share the stage at a function in Ahmedabad on October 29 to inaugurate a museum dedicated to Patel.
The event will be organised by the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Memorial Society, chaired by Union Minister of State for Mines Dinsha Patel, who invited the Prime Minister to inaugurate it. Senior Congress leader Jawahar Upadhyay said that Modi had also been invited. Keshubhai Patel, who is also a member of the society, has also been invited. Dinsha Patel had met Modi and invited him to the function.
The invitation card of the function says that the PM will be the chief guest and Modi, the special guest. The memorial has been renovated at Rs 19 crore.