Modi: Rail budget anti-development
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Chief Minister Narendra Modi has termed the Railway Budget as "anti-development" and said it reflected the "non-performance of the UPA government".
According to an official release by the state government, Modi said the railway budget lacked the balance needed between coastal-port connectivity and rail infrastructure. The CM also claimed that gross injustice had been done to Gujarat in the budget. "There is no mention of the Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Pune fast-track bullet train project in the rail budget. Despite the railways getting maximum income from Gujarat, people of the state have been meted out injustice for the last nine years," he said.