Modi’s latest: 'If Madam is ill, let the child take over'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
IN a no-holds-barred personal attack on the Congress leadership, BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday said it was "besharam" (shameless), "beemar" (unwell) and "bahurupiya" (shapeshifter).
Modi also criticised Sonia and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for their recent statements that the Centre had provided enough funds to the Chhattisgarh government. "Kya aap apne mama ke ghar se laakar de rahe ho? (Are you getting the funds from your maternal uncle?) It is public money," he said.
In a veiled attack on former chief minister Ajit Jogi, who is wheelchair-bound, he said, "Earlier, movies often had a certain sequence. The groom's family would visit a house to fix his marriage. This family would have two daughters. One of them would be beautiful, and the other would have some problem in her limbs... Jo achhi beti hoti thi, usse chai-paani parosne ke liye bahar le aate the. Jo sharer men taklif wali beti hai, usse andar rakh dete the, lekin shaadi ke samay usko bitha dete the (The family would bring out the beautiful daughter to serve tea. The other daughter would be kept indoors. But at the time of the wedding, the latter would be brought out)."
He said the "Congress is doing the same. It is not disclosing its chief ministerial candidate. Kaun hai, laao to, dekhen to, humein pata to chale. Purani filmon wali katha nahi chalegi ki beti ek dikhayen, mandap mein dusri bethe (Who is the CM candidate? Let us also know. It cannot be like the old films, where one daughter was shown and the other was married off)." It is speculated that Jogi's nominee is likely to be the chief ministerial candidate if the Congress wins the elections.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun