Modiís vision: Gujarat as nodal centre in Asia
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Elections 2014 Live: FIR filed against Hema Malini, Pawar campaigns for daughter Supriya
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi pitched his state as the best destination in India for forging business partnerships with the world at the valedictory event of the sixth edition of the biennial Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit 2013 held here on Saturday.
Modi began by extending an invitation for the next Vibrant Gujarat Summit on January 11, 2015 and said that Gujarat wants to emerge as a nodal centre in Asia, which serves as a common platform for countries such as China, Japan, Thailand and Sri Lanka.
"Gujarat has assumed a Vishwaroop. Through the summit we have been able to send a message in 121 countries proving the potential of India," said Modi in his concluding address, adding, "Now we have new ambassadors in these 121 countries... They will talk good about us whenever they talk about India."
Tata Group chairman of Cyrus Mistry, made his first public appearance after taking charge, and addressed the delegates.
Modi said in his address, "We had started on a small scale in 2003... But this one is the most successful of all, where more than investment, knowledge sharing and innovation took centre stage."
Modi added that it was not investment figures, but knowledge sharing and innovation that was the focus of the summit. "I am proud that we held a knowledge sharing event where in 145 universities participated, which is a unique achievement of its kind. Such event has never been held at such a grand scale anywhere in the world."
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit