Modi shoots from the hip, let him rebut graft charges: Manish Tewari
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
The Congress accused Chief Minister Narendra Modi of shooting from the hip and asked him to come clean on alleged loss of revenue of Rs 1 lakh crore caused to the exchequer by "malpractices" of the state government.
"In June 2012, Congress MPs represented to the Central Vigilance Commissioner that there has been a revenue loss of Rs 1 lakh crore to the exchequer as a result of various instances of ommission, commission and malpractices of Gujarat government. The Chief Minister of Gujarat shoots from the hip on every issue," said Information and Broadcasting Minister, Manish Tewari.
He added if Modi has the "conviction or gumption", then "let him rebutt the charges" on the revenue loss issue.