Modi shoots from the hip, let him rebut graft charges: Manish Tewari
- Donald Trump mocks Indian call center, but says India a great nation
- China’s Azhar snub: India gets back with visa for rebel leader on Beijing blacklist
- Punjab: Youth charged with abduction and rape of Dalit girl surrenders in Muktsar
- AUDIO: Interview with CPM leader VS Achuthanandan
- Obama says Queen Elizabeth II 'one of my favourite people', ends UK visit
The Congress accused Chief Minister Narendra Modi of shooting from the hip and asked him to come clean on alleged loss of revenue of Rs 1 lakh crore caused to the exchequer by "malpractices" of the state government.
"In June 2012, Congress MPs represented to the Central Vigilance Commissioner that there has been a revenue loss of Rs 1 lakh crore to the exchequer as a result of various instances of ommission, commission and malpractices of Gujarat government. The Chief Minister of Gujarat shoots from the hip on every issue," said Information and Broadcasting Minister, Manish Tewari.
He added if Modi has the "conviction or gumption", then "let him rebutt the charges" on the revenue loss issue.
- The new alignment of incentives, unrest could make reservations an important political axis
- Pak seems to have woken up to the menace of an extremist consensus wrongly based on religion
- BJP won LS majority because of high corruption & even higher inflation under UPA
- Ram Madhav’s assertions do not match the ideological discourse of the RSS
- CCTVs and training courses in Oxford can’t transform school education. Mindsets need to change.
- In Tihar, more the murders, the greater your status; greater the loot, the bigger the status